Original text by YamiHoshi.
As late as May 30th, 2009, NeoWynaut discovered a very strange music file within the Beta ROM, called: SEQ_CIRCUIT2.sseq. Here’s the direct MIDI rip:
In perfect quality
One year later, Jimbo390 was the first one to make it available ingame, and was in High Quality at the same time.
This will be hearable during the gameplay in Mario Kart CW Beta 3.0, due to June 26th, 2011.
The use of it
Jimbo390 also discovered the function of the file. All tracks, which doesn’t have their own music use SEQ_CIRCUIT2.sseq, bellow is the full list of tracks that use SEQ_CIRCUIT2;
- clock_course (Tick-Tock Clock)
- desert_course (Desert Hills)
- koopa_course (Bowser Castle)
- mini_block_64 (N64 Block Fort)
- mini_block_course (GCN Block City)
- mini_dokan_gc (GCN Pipe Plaza)
- mini_stage_1 (Nintendo DS)
- mini_stage_2 (GCN Block City)
- mini_stage_3 (GCN Block City)
- mini_stage_4 (GCN Block City)
- old_koopa_agb (GBA Bowser Castle 2)
- old_sky_agb (GBA Sky Garden)
- rainbow_course (Rainbow Road)
- snow_course (DK Pass)